Should you consider using reverse osmosis or carbon filtration instead of having bottled water delivered?
Is bottled water all that it’s cut out to be?
Bottled water is not a guarantee of drinking water purity; bottled water is only tested for impurities and safety when a consumer complains. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), not the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), regulates bottled water, but not on a daily basis.
The FDA states bottled water need only be as safe as tap water. This means even though consumers pay a high price for bottled water and expect it to be much purer than tap water, there are no regulations, nor guarantees, that this is so, for water delivered in bottles.
Many companies have been earning significant revenues by bottling tap water, putting a ‘fancy’ label on it and selling it for a substantial profit. Now, bottled tap water must state on the label, “municipal water supply.”
You could actually be using water bottles containing the same water that comes out of your faucet!
What are three reasons why Water Filtration Systems are an effective, safer, more convenient, cost efficient alternative to bottled water?
- It’s reliable! NSF certified drinking water appliances used to clean your municipally treated water supply, which is regulated and constantly monitored.
- It’s fresh! Our standard systems produce 18-30 gallons daily. Enjoy an unlimited supply of temperature controlled pure water.
- It’s self-cleaning! As the pure water molecules are forced through the membrane, the “left overs” (impurities – algae and bacteria) are washed down the drain.
- It’s tasty. Using the same process Bottled Water companies use, our advanced reverse osmosis systems removes up to 98% of what is normally found in your water. It even retains a high oxygen content to give water its spring fresh flavor!
- No more clutter! Imagine ridding your home or office space of those clunky, space consuming, heavy bottles.
- It’s at your finger tips! Nothing worse than waiting for a delivery or running to the supermarket just to quench your thirst or enjoy a cup of coffee.
- No complicated billing! Ever been accused of losing a bottle or two? How about reconciling the deliveries to your monthly statement?
- Easily plumbed to your icemaker of Point of Use cooler!
- Compare the $315 annual expense a typical family incurs when consuming only 5 bottles of 5 gallon containers delivered monthly.
- Compare the $531 annual expense an office which employs only 10 people incurs when consuming only 7 bottles of 5 gallon containers delivered monthly, while renting a cold bottle cooler.
- And as a final thought, have you ever experienced a chemical odor from water bottle? This smell and taste occurs when bottled water has been stored for a long period of time, in low grade plastic bottles; the plastic contains harmful chemicals such as methyl chloride, a carcinogen, which leach in to the water. A long storage period has also been shown to result in growth of harmful bacteria causing intestinal problems such as diarrhea and nausea.
Your water is treated as you need it for drinking, ice, cooking, food preparation, etc., not days, weeks, or even months before.
So what is the best action for you to take? To ensure a safe, cost effective, unlimited supply of water for you and your family we recommend installing a reverse osmosis, carbon filter or water distillation system.